LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY
ORGANIZATION: Acute Care Hospital
JOB SUMMARY: Assists in the operational management of Nursing Recruitment and Retention ensuring a progressive nursing recruitment program that will improve the operation of the Nursing department aligned with the mission of the organization. Works with Leadership in developing, implementing and managing nursing resources and systems that attract and retain a work force focused on providing patient centered care and achieving quality outcomes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and age-related criteria pertinent to the patients served in his/her assigned area.
2. Represents Hospital at job and career fairs. Participates in programs for external marketing.
3. Demonstrates effective hiring, transfer and termination procedures using related systems.
4. Collects data, identifies trends, and reports on statistics regarding vacancy, turnover, termination rates, and data specific to the organization comparing to benchmarks.
5. Utilizes and supports systems to assure effective monitoring of credentials, certification and licensure of new hires.
6. Identifies the need to implement focused recruitment/retention programs in collaboration with colleagues and evaluates their effectiveness.
7. Participates in planning system changes involving other departments and assists the CNO with implementation and evaluation as necessary.
8. Coordinates temporary agency contracts and placements.
9. Assures licensure and eligibility requirements of temporary staff in accordance with NYS and Joint Commission regulations.
10. Liaison with Human Resources for Nursing functions related to recruitment, retention and personnel changes and system implementation processes.
11. Ensures completeness of all candidate applications, transfers, references and credentials.
12. Recruits and refers qualified applicants to hiring managers for interview.
13. Ensures accurate weekly postings for nursing vacancies.
14. Direct oversight of Department utilization with Lawson and Position Manager systems as it relates to nursing.
15. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in all aspects of job function.
16. Performs other duties as assigned or volunteered in alignment with LHC mission, goals and values.
BSN required; MS preferred.
3-5 years recent Med Surg/other clinical experience
Minimum 3 years Nursing Recruitment or Human Resource experience preferred
Previous leadership/management experience
Strong project management & organizational skills
Ability to collect and analyze data identifying trends and benchmarking
Proficient in computer software applications (but not limited to) Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel
Required License, Registration, Certification:
- NYS RN License
For a copy of the formal job description, compensation and other employer details, please submit your resume and contact information on the right.