Financial Systems Analyst
LOCATION: Fairfield County, CT
ORGANIZATION: Acute Care Hospital
JOB SUMMARY: The System Analyst acts as a business liaison to assigned departments within the Health System (HS) to ensure that Healthcare Information System (HIS) applications function as intended. They play a major role in researching and resolving software problems as part of daily operational support. The System Analyst will work in conjunction with the Senior analyst in the overall design, implementation, training, documentation; operation and support of assigned HIS applications, databases, interfaces and reports. They must also be familiar with the server configuration, client installation, data transfer formats and application backup & recovery procedures for these applications. Duties also include the maintenance and advancement of HIS applications; the planning, implementing, testing and training on applications; and the investigation, resolution and notification of issues escalated through Help Desk tickets.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Acts as a business liaison for assigned departments within the health system to ensure that issues are uncovered and recognized before they become critical problems. As subject matter expert, understands business process, system processes which include interdependencies across the organization. Research, resolve and implement effective solutions to business problems.
• Provides ongoing maintenance and advancement of assigned HIS applications, databases, interfaces and reports through effective implementation of solutions, which support the user and application needs of the organization. In this capacity, the System Analyst is responsible for implementation, testing, training, documentation and ongoing operational efforts of the HIS application software. Familiarity with the server configuration, client installation, data transfer formats including HL7 layouts and application backup & restoration procedures for each of their applications.
• Works effectively as part of a team in resolving issues escalated through the Help Desk in a timely manner. Investigates, tests, solves problems with HIS application software, databases, interfaces and reports. Provides high level of customer service and appropriate coverage off-hours for critical problems ensuring Service Level Agreements are met. Actively participates in the process of identifying service issues with the outsourced Help Desk and recommending solutions.
• Implement applications on schedule while assisting the Senior Analysts with the promotion / acceptance of process workflow redesign. This effort includes software evaluation, process change, application training, dictionary build, application testing, integration testing, data conversion and production support. The System Analyst will also ensure the use role-based menus and the creation of reports using Meditech’s Non-Procedural Representation Report Writer.
• Responsible for ensuring applications are at the most recent level and routine maintenance is being performed.
• Assume responsibility for assigned projects by coordinating with IS and other departments as necessary to ensure proper communication and execution. Provides input to design and architecture definition as appropriate, project planning, change management coordination, vendor integration and coordination, user / department communication / notification, etc.
• Active participant of Information Service’s PMO responsible for ensuring each project is managed following the standard IS methodologies. Additionally, as part of ISPMO shares in the responsibility for the maintenance of standard project methodologies and procedures. Act as Coach, mentor and motivator for project team members.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested in order to maintain a high level of service.
• Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
• Demonstrates professional work behavior by following Service Standards and Success factors. Complies with departmental organizational policies and procedures and adheres to external agency requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent technical training, with at least 3 years experience with appropriate clinical or financial HIS applications support is required.
• Strong, demonstrable experience implementing and supporting HIS applications within a hospital / health system is also required.
• Experience with MEDITECH or McKesson applications preferred.
• Expertise with healthcare business processes and associated HIS application software necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery system.
• Expertise in HIS application maintenance, support and implementation.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
• Expertise with a report writing tool such as Crystal Reports.
• Knowledge in installation and maintenance of HIS application software.
• Familiar with vendor services and products relevant to application service environments.
• Effective documentation skills are essential.
• Analyze and resolve HIS application software, interface and report issues.
• Interact professionally with client community and be committed, helpful, responsive and effective in supporting healthcare applications and activities.
• Ensure the integrity of all HS information and maintain confidentiality of all hospital, employee, and patient information.
• Participate on special projects as assigned.
• Provide administrative reports as required, both periodic updates on activities and project status, as well as special reports in response to user or management inquiry.
• Research means of maintaining system capacity and performance while reducing cost.
• Further the Mission and Philosophy of HS by treating all daily contacts with respect, courtesy and patience.
For a copy of the formal job description, compensation and other employer details, please submit your resume and contact information on the right.