Senior Analyst Revenue Cycle Operations
Location: New York City / Manhattan
Organization: Acute Care Hospital
Overview: World-class acute care hospital, closely affiliated wtih the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital System, is seeking a senior analyst for its Revenue Cycle Operations team, working to streamline and optimize performance across the revenue cycle. The team reports to the Vice President of Revenue Cycle.
The Senior Analyst role is essential to the Revenue Cycle team’s success. The successful candidate will be responsible for combining and analyzing disparate data from across the hospital and identifying trends and opportunities for performance improvement. The position will also be responsible for developing MS Access databases that support and improve workflows throughout the revenue cycle.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with competitive compensation, a fast-paced environment and the invaluable experience gained from a best-in-class specialty hospital. Qualified candidates who desire to join a world-class team protecting and building upon our legacy of excellence are encouraged to apply now!
• Fully understand questions and goals that lead to a report request; translate information into report criteria
• Combine, comprehend and cleanse data from a myriad of sources
• Summarize data to provide meaningful and actionable insight
• Format information into a concise report that is easy to understand
MS Access Development -
• Meet with end users in all aspects of the revenue cycle (e.g., Registration, Coding, Billing, etc.) to understand their workflow and data needs
• Develop detailed specifications with timelines for development, testing and deployment
• Work with end users to support and troubleshoot existing and newly deployed databases
Project Examples -
Track and trend the rate of denials by insurance carrier and clinical service while identifying areas of opportunity; create an MS Access database that automates the import and merging of disparate data; provide staff with a list of planned services that are at risk of denial
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years experience analyzing and reporting health-care data (e.g. charges, medical codes, etc.)
• Advanced expertise in MS Excel and Access (applicants will be tested)
• Excellent written and verbal communication; Strong analytical skills required
• Proficiency in Business Objects and Sequel Server highly desirable
For a copy of the formal job description, compensation and other employer details, please submit your resume and contact information on the right.