Director of Adult Mental Health Division (Outpatient Clinical Services, Community Support and Recovery Pathways)
LOCATION: Middlesex County, CT
ORGANIZATION: Behavioral Health Hospital
JOB SUMMARY: Provides leadership in the assessment, planning, development and implementation of services and programs within the Hospital's Clinical Adult Mental Health Division which include Outpatient Clinical Services and Community Support Program and Recovery Pathways.
• Provides leadership to the development of meaningful goals and objectives for the departments that align with the strategic direction of the Organization by analyzing needs, developing recommendations and implementing proposed changes. Communicates the goals and objectives to the staff members and monitors progress during the year.
• Develops, maintains and oversees budget. Uses resources effectively and efficiently to achieve the goals and objectives of the departments within established budgets by determining future needs, monitoring actual progress, and allocating resources to meet a changing environment.
• Participates and provides direction in selection, hiring, program on-boarding, development and performance management of program staff.
• Provides leadership and supervises program managers and coordinators. Establishes performance expectations; coaches, develops, and evaluates performance to enable employees to be successful in contributing to the achievement of individual, departmental and organizational objectives. Informs and advises Vice President on hiring and disciplinary actions.
• Identifies needs and provides opportunities for ongoing staff development. Collaborates with supervisor to identify self-learning needs and seeks out resources or instruction opportunities to meet those needs.
• Creates and maintains effective, positive customer service relationships by identifying customers and their needs, ensuring that needs are met, responding appropriately to difficult interactions, and educating staff on the importance of quality customer service. Communicates with the staff, management, and customers to facilitate the success of the employees, department, function, and the Organization.
• Responsible for the overall clinical quality and service delivery of clinical operations for the Adult Mental Health Service Line. Oversees quality assurance and utilization review in Clinical Services.
• Participates in preparation of grant applications, as appropriate.
• In conjunction with staff, provides support and direction to client families to help insure that families are able to support their ill family member and advocates effectively for mental health consumers.
• Participates in all program/system meetings on an ongoing basis, as appropriate. Collaborates with other Service Line leaders throughout the organization and within HHC.
• LCSW, PhD, LMFT, LPC or MSN. LCSW preferred
• Licensed in state of Connecticut
• Minimum of five years of management-level experience in multi-disciplinary community-based mental health network. Outpatient Mental Health experience required.
• Proven experience in clinical supervision, administration, grant writing, and budgeting preferred.
• Previous direct treatment experience with a broad client population. Experience with SPMI/ Axis I population preferred.
For a copy of the formal job description, compensation and other employer details, please submit your resume and contact information on the right.