Chief Nursing Officer
Location: Westchester County, NY
Organization: Large, physician led, multi-specialty medical practice
- Ensure that all clinical staff is working within their scope of practice.
- Ensure competency of all clinical staff, based on their job duties.
- Ensure that nursing standards are upheld.
- Establish and maintain nursing policies and procedures.
- Maintain regulatory and compliance approvals and accreditations throughout the organization.
- Ensure compliance with patient care quality standards to all patient age groups.
- Works with the Chief Medical Office (CMO) in developing patient care programs that support the mission, vision and goals of the organization(s).
- In addition, works collaboratively with the clinical leadership, CMO and Nursing Director(s) in program development, implementation and oversight for patient population management. This includes promoting care coordination in an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and/or multispecialty practice.
- Works with the CMO/Director of Quality and Analytics to ensure consistent application of all Quality initiatives, utilizing quality metrics for all clinical staff.
- Partner with physicians to ensure an efficient, high quality, service to our patients.
- Work with the executive team in strategic planning for the organization.
- Cultivate strong, collaborative working relationships across the organization.
- Serve as spokesperson for nursing.
- Works collaboratively with Human Resources in the coordination of the clinical employee selection process, work assignments, performance evaluations, and staff development for clinical staff.
- Recommends, supports, and participates in clinical education services, programs of education, and training, including orientation of new employees.
- Encourages and facilitates the professional advancement of employees by affording opportunities for further education and experience.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Operations and the CFO in planning the budgeting requirements for personnel, supplies, and equipment for all clients.
- Oversees all clinical aspects of onboarding new providers and off-boarding existing providers.
- Maintains continuing quality assessment and improvement analysis and evaluation of patient care delivery (continuity of care).
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Master’s degree in Nursing, MBA or Master’s degree in Public Health or related field - Required
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, insurance companies, and co-workers
- Ability to communicate with MDs on a continuous basis in regards to patient care
- Knowledge of EMR, MS Word/Excel
- Knowledge of Budget preparation spreadsheets
For a copy of the formal job description, compensation and other employer details, please submit your resume and contact information on the right.