ICU Nurses (eves / nights)
LOCATION: Fairfield County, CT
ORGANIZATION: Acute Care Hospital
POSSIBLE 10K SIGN-ON BONUS
POSSIBLE 15K SIGN-ON for nurses with CTICU experience.
ICU RN's needed for Night Shift - 3-12's, rotating weekends. Shift is 7P-7A, rotates weekends and holidays (every other weekend), unit has a scheduling committee and do self-scheduling which allows flexibility. CCRN +
Pay is substantially increased by 4 hrs evening differential and 8 hrs. night differential.
- Using capital expenditures for new auto pumps for medications
- "Artic Sun" hypothermia machine using gel pads
- Impella Pump for patients moving from cath lab to ICU (off loading device for left ventricle)-implementation phase
- "Smart Room" to help with workloads, compiles workloads for nursing-staff can document by bedside w/EMR and patients can get emails from family members-this
- "Capnography" - new device to measure CO2 (retention of CO2) using this ICP monitor
- New more automated system for cardiac index/output monitoring for post-op patients.
- Respiratory therapy live on unit with 1-2 staff members per shift with no need to page them. Can do blood gases on unit.
- Growing bed capacity from 16 to 24.
- State of the art technology and better work flow.
- These roles give nurses opportunity to experience growth, precept and train, including an opportunity to advance on clinical ladder program after 1 year of service.
- Open heart program has been growing and cardiac volumes have been increasing.
For a copy of the formal job description, compensation and other employer details, please submit your resume and contact information on the right.